Monday, July 14, 2008

In my opinion...Just venting...

It's really frustrating when I need to get things done and I have such a short amount of time to do it in. Ava has this amazing buzzer in her butt that goes off after she'd napped for 2 hours. It's usually never 2 1/2 hours or 2 hours and 5 minutes. It's typically a 2 hour nap and my window of opportunity to get my stuff done. So she's not the issue, it's actually Olivia who has decided to fight with my husband every day and night he lays her down. Because of this break in her routine, when he's goes back to work she thinks it's ok to play around at nap time. If she doesn't nap, I can't work, work-out, or do anything that isn't upstairs. Otherwise she'll bang around in there until she wakes the baby.

The past few minutes I have been doing some computer work to buy time for Olivia to fall asleep so that I know for sure I can work-out...yes my ass is getting bigger by the millisecond. I hear some rattling around and check in on her and she has annihilated her room. I feel like a big bad bitch because now I have to go in there and tell her that she will be going to take a nap and she won't be able to cook dinner with me. Nevertheless 45 of my 120 minutes have successfully ticked away while I dealt with her. In another 20 minutes I won't have the opportunity to work out anymore because right in the middle of my jog, Ava's timer will go off.

On top of this, I'm irritated that my husband has let this situation between he and Olivia escalate. Instead of being firm with her he let's her get her way and come see mommy if that's what she wants. I want to be left alone when I'm in the shower. I don't want to be washing the shampoo out of my eyes and then to open them to see the two of them standing there saying goodnight again. When he's home and in charge of them, it should be like I'm not there. The stay at home parent needs a break from the, "mommy mommy mommy or daddy daddy daddy" however it works in your house. And the other parent needs to be able to see that and deal as if we are not at home and use the structure that has been previously established.

Now that I have ungracefully gotten that out of my system, I am going to check on Olivia who I believe is now asleep. I have 63 minutes left on my clock and counting. Here goes nothing...

No comments: