Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Way Out

I've finally gotten back on the horse again and started working out. After 3 weeks of nothing but laying around eating everything in sight yesterday I walked/jogged on the treadmill. Let me tell you- 3 weeks may seem like a short time but it is really all it takes to lose what stamina I had built up. I jogged for 10 minutes which felt like an hour.

Today I jogged for 20 minutes and walked for 2o minutes. I only made it 3 miles but I felt a lot better just because I wasn't sitting around. I don't know why I take these breaks and ruin what I've built up but it seems to be that every few months I need a break and a binge so I indulge. It would probably help if I got out of the house more but when you have two small children it's not always a possibility.

Speaking of my kids... God I love those little boogers cutie pies. Ava is changing every day. Her speech is improving and her demands are becoming more bold. Today she stated, "ees mine mommy...let go." Her ability to string words together is so cool and her speech for the most part is really clear. Yesterday when I put her on the big potty she started in with her Fred Flintstone hands and feet slapping the air at me and I told her, "No, we do not hit. You need to say you are sorry." She then tried to cry her way off of the potty which didn't work either. Finally she just peed and shouted, "YAY!!!! I sorry mommy." She then leaned over and hugged me and we clapped and said bye to the potty. I know it doesn't seem like a big moment but for me it showed that she is connecting her actions to her words and understanding cause and effect. She growing up. My little Avacake-a-roonie is growing up.

1 comment:

Mommy In Pink said...

That's great about getting back in the swing of things! I've been trying my hardest to get like an hour in everyday...it's sooo hard!