Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Haunted House

"Scary... Spooky... Cool... Mommy I don't like it... I don't like it. They are scaring me!!!" First words spoken as Olivia walked through the haunted house.
I explained to her that the people in the house were supposed to look scary and that that is what makes it fun. At first she wanted to touch everything, the snakes, bloody bones, eyeballs, but then we rounded a corner to never never land and she freaked out. The people were dressed in some pretty graphic attire and I reminded her that they were not real but she high tailed it out of there like her feet were on fire. I have to say that her first experience at a haunted house will be quite memorable.

On a side note: Ava didn't even notice that anything or anyone was different. She had no idea what was going on.

I had found out about this haunted house a few days ago after reading one of the monthly city guides we receive for our area. It funded Alzheimer patients and was being held at a near by church. How could we pass that up?

A lot of kids were dressed in their costumes as well as their parents too. We didn't dress up our kids. It actually didn't even occur to me to put their costumes on. Oh well. Next weekend the business district is hosting a safe trick or treating adventure that the girls will get dressed up for. I love this month. Every weekend there is something cool to do for the kids that is way cheap. I like cheap. Cheap is good.

So the haunted house had some pretty neat games for the kids to play and after they win coins to buy a prize. Our kids came away with two spider back scratchers. They came in handy when Olivia used them to pop her balloon animal in the car. Talk about scary. It shot into the front seat and scared the heebee jeebees out of me.

Upon arriving home we broke out their loot and and sifted through the candy to find some pretty cool pirate patches and tattoos. Here's some pictures of our new pirates:


No comments: