Thursday, August 21, 2008

Training Pants

Ava's started wearing big girl panties today. She loves them and is so proud of herself. She has been telling Livy, "look...panties...look." We will have to see how it goes today. So far she has peed in 3 pairs. I never actually used training pants with Olivia. She used disposable diapers and regular panties but I think Ava needs to feel wet to get the idea. Pull-ups seem to just act too much like a diaper for her.

Well here's to hope and prayers that I don't end up with trails of urine and lumps of poop all over the house.

Here's a little synopsis of the rest of the morning: Ava pointed down and said, "poo" so I asked her if she had to go. She walked towards the potty so I helped her take her panties down. Ava sat on the potty and made a pee pee all by herself. I didn't have to do anything. This is the first time she has initiated using the potty and actually going. Yeaaa Ava!

The rest of the morning she stayed dry and I put a diaper on her just for nap time. I hope the rest of the day goes as good as the morning. She has not pooped so that might be an issue of poopy hands when she wakes up from her nap, but we will just have to wait and see.

Recap: Ava stayed dry the rest of the day with only one accident. This was a great start to training pants.

No comments: