Friday, August 15, 2008

Potty Talk

Today's potty experience went amazingly. This was the first morning Ava woke up and went straight to the potty. She sat for about a minute and exclaimed, "pee pee, pee pee" and pointed into the bowl. Sure enough there was urine in the bowl.

We all waved goodbye to the potty and Ava ate breakfast. Immediately after she finished and was cleaned up she sat on the potty again. When I removed her diaper there was a small wet spot so I wasn't expecting any miracles so if something happened in the next five minutes great. If not we were going shopping. Wow! One minute later Ava was eating her candy and I was washing out the bowl. She is getting really good at this. Dave and I are so proud of her.

On a side note...Livy is teaching Ava how to poop right now. Ava is clapping, "yeah Livy" and trying to look into the bowl from behind. Livy is saying, "listen to the poop." These two crack me up!


Quick update to this post:

We went shopping, came back, ate lunch, and put Ava on the potty in one last attempt before nap time. That little rascal knows exactly what she is doing. She sat for maybe a minute and pointed to the bowl of urine and then up towards her bag of candy. Congratulations Ava...I think you are becoming a big girl.... :) I love these two little cuties to pieces.

No comments: