Monday, March 29, 2010

The Weekend

The weekend went by fast. Faster than most. I think this one felt so quick because we didn't have a huge conundrum to deal with. Speaking of, Ava's leg is healing up nicely and she can play around for the most part. This is a huge relief from the previous week where I felt I was going to lose my mind trying to keep her still.

Dave and I finally sat TOGETHER in the hot tub Friday night and had a little date night. That was long over due and much needed after all the illnesses and hospital stuff we've had to deal with over the last few months. Actually spending time together was like that, 'Hey, I remember you...' moment you have one morning a few months after you give birth. AHHH!

Saturday Dave was in kid mode. He saw, he conquered, he fed, and they played. He took them through their favorite buffet a.k.a. Costco, then to an arts and crafts thing at the toy store. I, lucky me, went shopping ALONE and it felt GREAT. Not once did I have to bend over and pick up something that had been pulled off the clothing rack or dumped off a shelf. It was great knowing I was having a good time and the kids were out too having a good time with their Daddy and not sitting at home waiting for me to return.

Then in the evening we all regrouped and took the girls to church, Olivia's new favorite thing. She's been going when she's with my parents and has loved it. We had always said if they ever want to go we'd take them and she asked a few weeks ago so we've been going. There's been a lot of shuttling to and from the restroom but otherwise things are okay so far. I think Olivia just likes it because it is the one place that she can sing really loud and no one cares.

Sunday we went to an Egg Hunt at one of the nearby schools. The girls filled their baskets and snarfed down a lot of candy. We saw their little twin friends there and they played for a moment. Then we came home and signed up for ballet and swimming for April and May so they can do the Hip Hop class at the end of May and fit everything in. We will not be sitting in this house any longer. I feel like we have all been suffering from house arrest due to the LEG. Not any longer! Then we BBQ'd with some friends and relaxed the rest of the day. The weekend was just plain fun.

FUN.

Like every weekend should be except we have so much crap to do all the time that sometimes it feels like we don't have enough time for fun.

On a side note:

I need to add in the kids height and weigh measurements because I haven't done that lately.

Olivia is 43 1/2 inches tall and 38 1/2 pounds. (14.3 BMI or 20 percentile)

Ava is 39 1/2 inches tall and 40 pounds. (18.1 BMI or 94 percentile) Yes, we will be shedding some of these pounds as soon as she can officially run around again.

No comments: