Monday, March 8, 2010

Recital

This is the stage of the theater Olivia had her very first dance performance EVER. I didn't realize it was taking place at an actual theater with the entire audience filled with people. Somehow I was thinking more on the lines of parents and a few extra family members... maybe 30 people maximum. This is where Ava was sitting with Dave 30 minutes before the show started. Not too many people. But then 5 minutes before the show began I turned around and glanced back and saw that the theater was full. I was nervous for Olivia. She could have cared less. Oh to be 4 again and oblivious.
And here she is... ready to begin her first performance ever. I couldn't have been more proud of her. She was so brave and did her dance so well with a smile on her face.
She's waiting for her solo...
It was exciting for her and for us. I asked her how she felt on stage afterwards. She stated very calmly, "I was nervous with all those people out there..."

Uh yeah... I would have freaked out...

I mustered up the courage to say, "So do you want to do this class again?"

"Oh yes, it's so fun!" she cheers.

And so it begins...

No comments: