Friday, August 14, 2009

Taking The Next Step...

For a few weeks we have been charting the girls' wet/dry pull-ups when they wake from naps and in the morning. Both of them typically wake up dry at naps but Ava wakes up every other morning wet. Olivia has been waking up most mornings dry, not each and every day, but most. We've been talking a lot about Liv wearing her panties to bed now that she's a 'big girl' or better yet a 'schoolgirl'. She has said she wants to too so yesterday at nap and at night we gave it a try and both times she woke up dry.

So today I went and bought a few cheapo sheet sets and an extra quilt so if Liv has an accident in the middle of night we can strip the bed and remake it without actually having to go downstairs and begin the laundry. I'm hoping for the best and prepared for the worst. Liv is totally excited and growing up way too fast. I can't believe my little Livynut is a schoolgirl. I never realized how short of a time period you actually get as a parent to be home with your kids before they have to enter the world by themselves. Now I'm going to have to suck in as much as possible of Ava's essence before her year is up and she leaves for school too.

Man, time is ticking. Where did it all go? I'm thankful to be a stay at home mom and enjoy these few short years. I know it will be over before I know it so I will make the most of it and take the girls to all the museums, movie theaters, water parks, zoos, distant relatives houses, and exploring places as possible. It's been great that Dave gets to take days off here and there and go too. I like that he is hands on and sees for himself what the girls are up to and interested in. Lately they are into jogging so we have been going every night. It's too hot for me but they love it.

Well it is time to wake up Olivia. She has been napping since 1Pm and it is almost 4:30PM. I'm hoping she's dry and feeling better. She's got the ickies.

No comments: