Monday, August 17, 2009

The Ickies & The Panties

The ickies have now been passed all around the house and Ava's nose is draining and sneezing, Dave has a sore throat, and Livy is still as slobbery and sniffley as she was on Friday. Sucks too because she will most likely have to stay home from school tomorrow and she is really looking forward to attending. I guess it comes with the territory... I haven't gotten the sickness yet but I'm sure it will hit me as soon as the girls both feel better and begin to be energetic again and run crazy. Sounds about right.

In other news, Livynut only had one accident since she began wearing her panties to bed. She's been really stoked about waking up in her panties and not having to take off her pull up in the morning. It's funny how simple things like this please kids. She is so proud of herself and we are very proud of her. If all goes well over the next month and the accidents are slim to none I guess I'll start having Ava sleep in her panties too. She already makes it through every nap with a dry pull-up so I might as well get her out of nighttime pull ups as well. I just don't want to start her now in case Olivia has frequent accidents and then I become overwhelmed with laundry. Plus if I wait too long it will be closer to winter and with more blankets and stuff on her bed I won't want to wash all of that bedding every time. So we will play it by ear and see where we end up later. If we have to wait for Ava until after her 3rd birthday and more towards next spring then that's just how things will have to be. One thing at a time. Day by day. We're makin' it.

No comments: