Saturday, August 15, 2009

Looking Good...

All is good so far with Olivia wearing her panties to bed. She happily ran down the hallway and into our room this morning shouting, "Look Mommy, I'm dry!!!" Way Cool. She was so proud of herself and we were too. Sadly, she still felt like crap from her 'ickies' she acquired yesterday so today after lunch I offered to her to wear the pull-ups so she could sleep soundly and not worry about urinating in her bed since she felt so miserable. "No Mommy, I a big girl and I want to wear my panties!" She proclaimed.

Ok then. That's what she wants, that's what she gets. And to our surprise she woke up dry after nap. It's been since Thursday afternoon and so far so good. I assumed stupid me that Livy wouldn't want to deal with this new arrangement today since she isn't feeling good but I was way wrong. She wants to be a big girl and that's that. Hopefully the accidents hardly if ever happen since I don't enjoy doing any more laundry than I have to do and the sheets and the quilt take up a whole friggin' load. I could go on and on about how we can' afford it either but that's for a different day.

I have given up coffee for a month or longer since Liv gave up the pull-ups. It's a team effort and we are getting over the hump together. It's been all right for me. I haven't drank any coffee since Wednesday. Why I chose to do this during my PMS storm is besides me but I guess no time would have been a good one. I felt kinda tired today during my jog but I managed to squeak out 2 miles nonetheless. We are going to make it... I know we will.

No comments: