Friday, May 1, 2009

Baby Makin'

Today Olivia had an interesting question for me. "Mommy, how did you and daddy make me in your belly?"

Me wishing this could have happened tomorrow when her father would be home and asking him this question smiles and says, "out of love." Then I take a deep breath wondering if that is going to satisfy her needs.

Liv mulls over my answer and sweetly says, "oh..... How did the baby get in my tummy?"

"Honey, you don't have a baby in your belly."

She pauses for a second to think things over.

"Is baby L coming to my house so I can hold her like this?"

She pulls her arms into a circle as if she's rocking an invisible baby.

"Probably not today but we can see her again soon. Would you like to help mommy cook in the kitchen today?"

Ava who is always listening shouts, "I come too! I come too."

The conversation ended there but I know these questions are going to keep coming. I thought I had a few more years until Olivia would ask the techinical questions. So far so good.

No comments: