Thursday, July 23, 2009

Off We Go...

We are packed and ready to head to Grammie and Papa's house for a long weekend getaway. The girls are excited that they are going to meet their cousins for the first time. Actually Olivia met them when she was six months old at a wedding but she doesn't remember so it's like a first time for her as well. These are my brother's kids... yeah you probably didn't know I had a brother but I do. He acts more like a distant cousin and his wife is a nightmare so we don't speak to each other. Less is more.

My parents on the other hand speak to my brother to maintain contact with the grandkids. The wife has been otherwise removed from our family and quite honestly it makes everything much more peaceful. The boys get to visit my parents this year for 2 weeks. So since they are here my mom wants a picture of all her grandkids together. Everything is lined up for Saturday morning. Should be interesting... It's hard enough for me to take my 2 kids to get their pictures taken with or without Dave's help so now we are working with a bunch of kids ages 2, 3, 5, 8, and 10. I hope for the best. The rest of the time we will be lounging pool side indulging in my mom's food and booze. It's nice to go home and be taken care of and not have to be thinking about planning breakfast, lunch, and dinner and cleaning up each mess. And with the girls both being able to swim basically by themselves in their little swim jacket thingys they will want to spend a lot of time outdoors. Heaven... Can you say heaven...

No comments: