Monday, July 20, 2009

Everyday Madness

Let's start with the fact that we did not make it to the baseball game Thursday night. Dave came home and was rushed to get the girls' dinner and get out of the house on time. Whenever they are rushed they seem to hit super slow drive and refuse to do whatever we'd like them to do. So as Dave frantically rushed to eat and get stuff ready the girls picked at their dinner, Ava had 3 or 4 meltdowns, and Olivia just didn't care that the timer was set or that it was going to be going off and she wouldn't be able to go. Ava ended up choosing to do timeout in her room and then decided she'd rather be there then come downstairs. She was also NOT going to wear her panties. So the game ended up being a bust. Everyone was pissy, and no one wanted to cooperate.

Friday we hung around the house, played in the pool, had lunch outside in the yard, and just relaxed. It was pretty much a free for all for whatever the girls wanted to play with. When they wanted their markers, they colored. When they wanted play dough, the created sharks, cows, and of course snakes. Olivia played on her computer for awhile in between completing her book of mazes. Ava chased the dogs around. The dogs chased the cat around. You see where I'm going with this... Basically a pretty calm laid back day.

Saturday we got up and divided some chores up. Dave and his mantra of women went to the front yard and washed the vehicles. I and the animals went to the backyard and began pulling all the weeds in our retaining wall area. I started really early in the morning to avoid the heatwave that came around noon. Dave finished first so he brought the girls in and fed them lunch and put them to bed. Then he came and helped finish the last of the weeds in the rock area. I then took a shower, went to get my haircut, and hit the few stores I needed to go to. I picked up 2 Dora backpacks for the girls since they both wanted to carry the backpack all over the zoo. If I only bought one there would have been a fight over who gets Dora so now that's out of the way. The girls were pleased when they saw the backpacks pop out of the bag. The rest of the day we just did our regular stuff and took it easy. Dave ended up with a terrible sunburn and wasn't feeling too good so it was nice that the girls were decent.

Sunday we walked Lady, played in the pool, and watched TV. We mesured the girls again on the wall. They both have grown an inch in the last 2 months. I don't know how tall they actually are but they are 3 and a half inches apart. Ava's still cutting her top 2 molars as well. So anyway, we didn't do anything exciting or really worth writing about but we did spend the day as a family and that's the most important thing. My neighbors came over for a few hours and we hung out talking about wedding stuff. All in all this was the first weekend in a long time where we just sat around without any plans or shopping or just stuff to do. It was enjoyable.

No comments: