Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Almost...

Upon putting the ladies down for their naps I thought I'd go back and check on Ava just to see if she fell asleep really fast or if not I'd give her a quick kiss goodnight. I walked into her room to find her butt in the air without a diaper. I said, "what are you doing and where's your diaper?" Ava giggled, "I dunno mommy." And then it hit me- I totally forgot to put a diaper on her for nap time. She had been wearing panties but used the potty after lunch and I took them off and threw them into the washing machine because she had sat down on her macaroni and cheese. Since she had a dress on I didn't notice that I forgot the panties...

Well that could have worked out mighty interestingly had she slept for the next few hours buck naked. I could almost guarantee that her bed would still have been dry but I also don't want to take any chances. I really hate washing the sheets and blankets and remaking the beds. It's a really daunting and un-fun chore.

Today feels like it's going to be another scorcher. Yesterday since Dave came home early we were able to BBQ and let the girls run around in the sprinklers. Today, since it's just me, we've stayed inside and played Playdoo ice cream shop and geared up for Grammie and Papa's visit tomorrow. They are vacationing again so they are stopping by on the way to the airport. When the girls get up later we will probably do some puzzles and color. Olivia said she wanted pizza for dinner... It appears to be a lazy day.

No comments: