Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fancy Pants


Livynut has dressed herself today with the help of some of Mr. Potato Head's accessories.


Today, while dressed so fancy Olivia and I had an interesting conversation that went something like this:


O: Daddy is my Daddy because you're my Moe-ther.
Me: Yes, I'm your Mother, Daddy is your Father.
O: Daddy is my Fadder, yes that's right. (finger pointing up in the air like she has just had this grand idea) Daddy has babies in his belly.
Me: No, Daddy does not have any babies in his belly and neither do I. I used to have babies in my belly but then you were born and Ava was born.
O: I have a baby in my belly.
Me: No you don't but you are a BIG sister. You are the oldest so you are a BIG sister. Ava is your LITTLE sister.
O: Right! Ava is my LITTLE sister. I have a baby in my belly.
Me: No you don't have a baby in your belly. You have to be a Mommy. Daddies can't have babies either, BUT your Daddy is a BIG brother and a LITTLE brother. He has a brother and two sisters. Mommy is a LITTLE sister because I am younger than my brother.
O: When you have the baby I will get to hold her like this...(tightly squeezing).
Me: Are you Nostradamus and making some sort of prediction that we will be having another baby and it will be a girl?
O: What Mommy?
Me: Never mind.
O: You are my Moe-ther!
Me: Yes, I will always be your Mother and you will always be my daughter. I am Grammie's daughter. You are my daughter. Ava is my daughter too. Can you please take all your fancy stuff off while we have this conversation? It is hard to take you seriously.

No comments: