Saturday, January 17, 2009

Second night... not so good

Well I'd like to write that last night was fabulous and that Ava laid right down on her bed and went to sleep but then I'd be lying. It was a little more like living in a hell house. She took her afternoon nap just fine, maybe a little bit too fine. I think she may have slept for at least 3 hours which in Avaland is a bit too much and made going to bed at her regular time a nightmare.

Ok so you live and learn right? God I hope so or Dave and I will be living on very little sleep for awhile and our sex life will be dwindled down to nooners. Not that I'm complaining about a nooner or anything but he's only home 2 afternoons a week if you catch my drift.

We will try again tonight with Ava and hopefully we will have better results. We know this is a new and challenging time for her and want things to go as smoothly as possible. At times it's hard for us to not get so frustrated and throw in the towel and get the crib back out but patience will eventually help us overcome our issues and help her build her own self-confidence.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You'll make it through, I promise. It's worth sticking to your guns though. Hang in there and enjoy the nooners. They're a thing of the past for us.