Friday, December 4, 2009

5 Year Anniversary

Today's obviously not going well. I thought our anniversary was on the 5th for some reason. Maybe because I kept thinking it's our 5 year anniversary somehow that was transposed in my brain to December 5. It didn't hit me either when Dave was leaving for work and he said, "Happy Anniversary." I think I was still in a sleep coma. So lets just say I haven't scored any points thus far.

Since I was so on top of everything I managed to forget to buy a card, a few days ago I talked Dave into taking the girls to a book reading at B&N tonight which obviously they don't need to go to anymore, and I didn't save any money to get Dave a gift to show him how much I appreciate him. I guess my only saving grace is that our anniversaries in the future can't get any worse.

BUT

In my life there's always a BUT:

I'm trying to redeem myself a little bit. I have laid out a chicken to cook Dave his favorite meal. I've made banana nut muffins with the girls and we have also made sugar cookies that we will frost and sprinkle later for when Dave arrives home from work. I have mathematically figured out that my period will come on Monday so we are safe for the weekend. I also decided to not think about the mortgage for the rest of the weekend and will go back to dwelling on it on Monday. I mean if I have my period anyway, you know the saying, "when it rains it pours.." Might as well have everything negative happen the same day.

So maybe there's still a chance of something good coming from today. I'll post tomorrow the results.

No comments: