Friday, March 27, 2009

Where Art Thou Red Velvet Cupcakes?

I don't know. Perhaps ALL over my kids faces. As soon as I got the little monkeys dressed in their new pretty princess dresses and sent them downstairs this morning a shadow of silence graced my house. Now why should I complain? It is what I have been asking for lately, right? Except when I asked for silence, I also meant without mischievous hands doing dreadful things to the once beautifully decorated cupcakes that used to lay on my kitchen counter.

I knew it had to be too good to be true. Of course today they slept in. Of course. It should have been a big sign but I got greedy and over looked the obvious. Then upon sending the snackers downstairs without turning on the TV they began playing quietly. Sign number two. Duh. Then when it became totally silent in the house I had a fleeting thought to run my ass down stairs and check on them but just at that moment I heard Olivia laugh and knew things were ok. Sign number three. Someone should put me out of my misery.

So I finished up and headed down stairs and noticed the dog eagerly licking the sliding glass door from the outside while glaring into the kitchen. Uh-oh. That can't be good. I hurried into the kitchen and found the red velvet cupcake stained faces of what used to be my freshly cleaned children. Those little boogers climbed up on the kitchen counter and snatched the cupcakes, licked off all of the frosting, and tore the rest of the cakes into iddy bitty pieces. Oh did I forget to mention that I just had a new rug delivered yesterday or that they are wearing BRAND NEW CLOTHES. Sprinkles were every where. My sanity- gone. The clothes remained unharmed due to the fact they gorged themselves and snarfed the cupcakes down practically whole. It took a very long time to clean up, and thankfully I didn't have to make breakfast.

Gives a new meaning to the phrase, "Go find YOURSELF something to eat."

No comments: