Thursday, October 14, 2010

All Grown Up

Yesterday Olivia had her very first after school play date. She was invited to go her friend Grace's house for swimming and play. She was so excited to get picked up from school and to be driven to their house. She also drilled us earlier in the morning about the fact that Ava and I were not going to be there. What a big girl. She wasn't scared, she didn't ask for me, nothing. Not.a.thing.

When I picked her up a few hours later I was told that Olivia played with Grace and her two sisters very well. She used her manners, was very polite, and loved playing dress up. That made me feel really good that she had a great time and she was respectful of someone else's home when I wasn't there to watch her.

So enough about her- I was a nervous wreck. I worried all week about her being alone at someone else's house and what if something happened. My mind goes right into child molester mode and protecting my kids from any and all harm. So I did ask Olivia where she changed into her swimsuit, did anything happen that we've talked about that she needs to tell me about, did anyone ask her to keep any secrets... you get the gist. She said, "No Mommy, I know no one is supposed to touch me or ask me to touch them, and I know if someone does that I yell, bite, scratch, and scream for help."

Wow, she is listening. I'm so proud of her.

I feel better now getting that first time away at someone other than family's house out of the way. It was a great experience for her and it gave Ava and I a few good hours of hanging out together. We went to McD's to play for awhile. She met two boys and played for an hour with them. Then we did a little shopping, ate lunch, played in our backyard, and then it was time to pick up Liv. It was a really wonderful day all around.

And since we just don't have enough going on I did a quick height/weight check.
Olivia is now 45 inches tall, 43.5 pounds, has a BMI of 15.1 or 49%.
Ava is now 41.5 inches tall, 42.0 pounds, has a BMI of 17.1 or 88%

No comments: