Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Olivia's 4th Birthday Party

She's 4. I don't know whether to cry or to be elated. Olivia is no longer a baby, a toddler, or anything but a little girl. How did this happen so fast? Many days I wished she was bigger just for my own needs. You know- to take a shower in the morning without her crying, being able to feed herself so I could feed Ava, being able to walk so I could have my arms free. Now I change my mind. I want her small and to do it all over again to enjoy her smallness, her inability to walk, her inability to voice her opinion, and her inability to do it all for herself. She needs me still but in totally different ways.
Now Liv wants stories told to her about when she was a BABY. She needs me to tie her shoes or apply bandaids. One days she'll apply her own bandaids and that sucks. I know she's only 4, but 4 years ago she was only just born. We were just married, just buying our first home, just getting prego again. People don't lie when they say time flies. It really does. If it weren't for Dave, I'd be pregnant again, doing it for a third time, and enjoying it every minute. Yeah, I know we are poor, can't afford it, whatever. But sometimes isn't life better just doing what you want want? Here's my big shot on the morning of her party in her new doughnut pajamas bought by Grammie.
Here's her cake I made all by myself.

Yes, I put cotton candy all around the cake and then set the princesses in front because as much as Liv loves Dora she also loves her princesses.
The Dora jumper I was requested to get after attending a friend's party.
Swinging with a neighbor during the party.

Preparing the candles for blowing out.

Singing happy birthday. Look at her smile. I LOVE it.

Blowing out the candles.


While I cut the cake Liv couldn't wait for her Dora piece so she helped herself. It was her birthday.
Right after she got her piece of cake it dropped on the ground so she licked the frosting off the concrete. Gross-yes. It is her birthday.

The unveiling of gifts.


She was given drums. I officially hate you Ray.

The new bike and best gift of all.


Riding the new bikes. How cool!

No comments: