Sunday, June 6, 2010

Camping

Dave left Friday for Denver so we had a total girl's weekend. We started off by eating pizza while watching the double feature we rented for the big screen. Then we popped popcorn for our second movie and then it was off to bed. I called Dave to tell him what we had been up to and to make him jealous but he out did us because the restaurant that he and his mom and sister went to for dinner had KC and the Sunshine band performing live. WHATEVER SHOWOFF!

Saturday we packed our gear and went camping along with 25 friends. We swam most of the afternoon, grilled hot dogs and all kinds of meat, roasted marshmallows and ate smores, and played in the dirt. I would say that was Ava's best thing of all besides looking for rollie pollies. Olivia made shadow puppets with her friends and played Frisbee and she dug in the dirt too. I don't know what it is about my kids but wherever I take them them always come back happily filthy.

Here's Ava collecting item to create my birthday cake and her final creation.

No comments: